Saturday, September 29, 2012

MSMC #3: Sweeney Todd

Must See Movie Challenge


This is just a thing I created for myself as a sort of challenge. There are a lot, and I mean a lot, of movies that people would call "must see movies" that I have not seen. So whenever I watch one of the movies on my must see list I'll do a post on it and tell if it really is a "must see". And hopefully they are all wonderfully epic movies :)

If you have any suggestions on movies I should put on that list, please leave a comment and tell me about it! 



Releases:
Theaters: December 21, 2007
DVD: April 1, 2008

Cast:
- Johnny Depp
Helena Bonham Carter
Alan Rickman
Timothy Spall 
- Sacha Baron Cohen 
- Jamie Campbell Bower 
- Laura Michelle Kelly 
- Jayne Wisener 
- Ed Sanders

Plot Summary:

The infamous story of Benjamin Barker, a.k.a Sweeney Todd, who sets up a barber shop down in London which is the basis for a sinister partnership with his fellow tenant, Mrs. Lovett. Based on the hit Broadway musical. 

Favorite Things:
-All opening credits.
-The costumes & makeup.
-Depp looks pretty hot, but also angry while singing.
-I can't stop thinking of Prof. Snape when I see Alan Rickman.

Was it epic?
For me? Not at first, I tried watching this a few weeks ago. I got about an hour through the movie before I turned it off. It wasn't speaking to me. One thing that really got me was -the first forty minutes or so, literally nothing happens. They sing about the past, sing about the present, sing about Johanna, sing about meat pies.... But do nothing! I understand the back story was necessary, but there was a whole lot more that was just boring! Then it really picks up.

If you like musicals you will most definitely like this. I honestly don't care for musicals, although I love watching Glee... Go figure?! I always want to watch them and I want to love them so bad, but I just don't think I ever will. Bottom line is Johnny Depp is hot, and a great actor of course, he's even hotter when he sings. Helena Bonham Carter is amazing as well. It's actually a good movie. A good story. Has some killing. Great costumes. What more could you want?

So today I ended up giving it another try, minus the boring-ness of the first forty minutes, and it was a really great movie. Stuff finally started happening and then it really got good. So if you can just get past the first forty minutes you will see all the amazing-ness this movie has to offer. One of the things I loved most about it was Johnny Depp's face during the later half of the movie. He always looks so unhappy and depressed which was understandable, but it seemed like it was meant to be in a comical way. I totally recommend watching this movie if you like musicals or Johnny Depp.


Screenshots :)

Have you seen Sweeney Todd?
You like it? Would you say it's epic?
Any other movies I should watch for my
must see movie challenge? Leave a comment. 

2 comments:

  1. I love this movie. I can't stand when they sing Johanna though. I usually make fun of it until its over to get by lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea. Cuz I hate that song. Lol.

      Delete

Did you like my post? Anything I can do to make it better? Leave a comment and let me know :) Thanks for visiting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...