Monday, September 3, 2012

MSMC #2: Lost In Translation


This is just a thing I created for myself as a sort of challenge. There are a lot, and I mean a lot, of movies that people would call "must see movies" that I have not seen. So every Monday I will watch one or two of the movies on my must see list. And hopefully get through these wonderfully epic movies :)
If you have any suggestions on movies I should put on that list, please leave a comment and tell me about it! 


Today my movie was:

Release Dates:
Theaters: August 29, 2003
DVD: February 3, 2004

Cast:

Plot Summary:
Bob Harris (Bill Murray) and Charlotte (Scarlett Johansson) are two Americans in Tokyo. Bob is a movie star in town to shoot a whiskey commercial, while Charlotte is a young woman tagging along with her workaholic photographer husband (Giovanni Ribisi). Unable to sleep, Bob and Charlotte cross paths one night in the luxury hotel bar. This chance meeting soon becomes a surprising friendship as they venture through Tokyo, having often hilarious encounters with its citizens, and ultimately discover a new belief in life’s possibilities.

Favorite Parts:
-Karaoke
-The "more intensity" part.
-The talk show scene.
-Anna Faris' characters interview.
-When Bill Murray is talking to the old guy and the ladies are laughing in the background.
-When he sees her in the crowd and stops the cab to get out and talk to her.

My Thoughts:
This movie was weird for me. I didn't completely love it. It was quite awkward, but my sister says it's supposed to be that way. I guess so... Anyways, I love Bill Murray and Scarlett Johansson, both are awesome actors. The movie was fun, they're in Tokyo and they meet around the hotel. And things just go from there. They do some karaoke, which was a fabulous part. It was fun to go through their "adventures" with them. 

I think the more I sit and think about this movie, the more I will love it. I didn't really care for the ending, I thought it was unfinished and I hate not having a definite answer as to what happened and how it played out. In books- I don't mind making up my own ending, but in movies I want a for sure, clear ending. I mean, his actions are clear, but what comes after the end of the movie is unclear. Does that make sense? It's hard to say without saying what happened. I don't want to give anything away, because I'm sure there are some people who haven't seen this movie yet. 

With all that said, I recommend this movie. I'd probably give it 3.5 - 4 stars... I haven't really made up my mind completely on what to rate it. But I can tell you this movie is not for everyone, but honestly, what movie is?


Screenshots :)


Have you seen it yet?
What did you think?
Leave a comment and 
let me know :)

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you like my post? Anything I can do to make it better? Leave a comment and let me know :) Thanks for visiting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...