Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Book Review: Easy by Tammara Webber

Easy by Tammara Webber



SYNOPSIS:
When Jacqueline follows her longtime boyfriend to the college of his choice, the last thing she expects is a breakup. After two weeks in shock, she wakes up to her new reality: she’s single, attending a state university instead of a music conservatory, ignored by her former circle of friends, stalked by her ex’s frat brother, and failing a class for the first time in her life.

Her econ professor gives her an email address for Landon, the class tutor, who shows her that she’s still the same intelligent girl she’s always been. As Jacqueline becomes interested in more from her tutor than a better grade, his teasing responses make the feeling seem mutual. There’s just one problem—their only interactions are through email.

Meanwhile, a guy in her econ class proves his worth the first night she meets him. Nothing like her popular ex or her brainy tutor, Lucas sits on the back row, sketching in a notebook and staring at her. At a downtown club, he disappears after several dances that leave her on fire.


Review:
This is the first book I've read that was actually labeled "new adult." It's older than young adult but younger than adult, so basically college books. I also don't really read "contemporary" either. But I have to say I loved this book. I cut out about half of the synopsis, because it was very spoiler-ish. It gave away a whole lot...

I thought the characters were great.. They were developed and mature and they continued to grow while I was reading the book. Jacqueline was nice, sweet, caring, fun and very smart. Her best friend/roommate Erin was also very lovable. Ahhh- and the love interests... Fabulous! I can't really say too much or I'll give it away, but i was oo-ing and awww-ing.   

The plot was good. Well paced. Love. Fun. Heartbreak. Drama. And a few BIG issues. I wasn't expecting them, but they're done very well. There were a lot of times in the book that I found my self smiling so hard and a few where I was about to cry. Overall I'd say I absolutely loved it! Not perfect, because I wasn't completely and totally drawn in, and I don't know why. I can't really pinpoint what was missing. Needless to say, I gave it 4 stars!


Have you read it?
Let's discuss it!
If not, go read it!

Have a wonderful day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you like my post? Anything I can do to make it better? Leave a comment and let me know :) Thanks for visiting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...