Monday, July 9, 2012

The Poets Korner: I Am Not My Mother


I am not my mother
The most important walk
Is less then a block
And it
Means forever.

A promise made with a long stride
That I'll always be by your side,
Doing wifely things
Every day and night

Cause I walked…

Well,what if I ran instead?
Could I still be held accountable for your happiness?
Or what if I skipped?

Even fell or flipped,
Would the vow still make sense?
It doesn’t matter I guess.

I am not my mother

And divorce is just another lover
Found at the wedding dinner or the laundry mat

In fact
Lets get divorced first and see how that fares
Maybe will stay together in the end



No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you like my post? Anything I can do to make it better? Leave a comment and let me know :) Thanks for visiting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...