Friday, December 7, 2012

Book Review: The Future of Us by Jay Asher


It's 1996, and Josh and Emma have been neighbors their whole lives. They've been best friends almost as long - at least, up until last November, when Josh did something that changed everything.

Things have been weird between them ever since, but when Josh's family gets a free AOL CD in the mail, his mom makes him bring it over so that Emma can install it on her new computer. When they sign on, they're automatically logged onto their Facebook pages. 

But Facebook hasn't been invented yet. And they're looking at themselves fifteen years in the future. By refreshing their pages, they learn that making different decisions now will affect the outcome of their lives later. And as they grapple with the ups and downs of what their futures hold, they're forced to confront what they're doing right - and wrong - in the present.


My Thoughts:
I straight up devoured this book. I couldn't read it fast enough. I actually read this book back in May, around the time I started my blog, but somehow never wrote a review on it. I don't remember all the little things, but I remember how this book made me feel.

It was a really fast read for me. I loved how when I was reading this book, it mad me think about the past and how much things have changed since I was a teen. This is really an original idea. Now days everybody is so into social media sites. Especially Facebook, I only know a few people who don't have one. And I remember what it was like before Myspace and Facebook, and I couldn't even imagine going on my old Windows 95 and finding Facebook.

I loved Josh and Emma. They really were cute together, even though just friends. They seemed like people I would want to be friends with. And I liked that they had known each other their whole lives, instead of just for a few years. It really put more depth into the story. And made their experience with Facebook and their futures more meaningful to explore together.

It did get a little repetitive towards the last third of the book, but it picked back up and didn't bother me much more. I liked their adventure with all of the stuff that went on. I was a really great story. The ending was left a little open. But I'm fine with that, I used my imagination to fill in what I wanted to happen. Or how I think everyone ended up.

Overall this was a great book, I really love Jay Asher, I think he's an amazing author. I gave this book four stars on Goodreads, and I think that everyone should read it!

Have you read anything
by Jay Asher before?
Did you read The Future
Of Us? Did you like it?
If not, is it on your tbr list?

Have a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you like my post? Anything I can do to make it better? Leave a comment and let me know :) Thanks for visiting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...