Saturday, December 29, 2012

Book Review: The Walking Dead, Vol. 6: This Sorrowful Life

The Walking Dead, Volume 6: This Sorrowful Life
by Robert Kirkman (Writer)
 & Charlie Adlard (Illustrator)
& Cliff Rathburn (Colorist/Shading)

Goodreads - Amazon - B&N - Comixology

An epidemic of apocalyptic proportions has swept the globe, causing the dead to rise and feed on the living. In a matter of months, society has crumbled: there is no government, no grocery stores, no mail delivery, no cable TV. In a world ruled by the dead, we are forced to finally begin living.

In this volume: Rick is trapped in a town surrounded by madmen and he must find a way out or die trying. Meanwhile, back at the prison, the rest of the survivors come to grips with the fact Rick may be dead, and a major turning point in the series is reached.


My Thoughts:
Thank god their little problem was taken care of. I couldn't stand the suspense of what was going to happen to them. I think I had my hand over my mouth for about the last 6 issues. I was happy to put it down, but not before moving my hand from my mouth to cover my eyes... Issue #33- ... WOW! .... Just WOW! That one's pretty graphic. But I think it was completely necessary. Ya know?! Who wouldn't seek revenge like that? I would. I wouldn't have had the nerve to do half the things she did. But I would've  done something.

Seriously, how long can the same things happen?! They can't just live life and fight the zombies. Something has to happen or it would be boring. And since we're already in the zombie apocalypse, it has to be pretty outrageous. I'm really loving the ideas that are coming up in my head when I think of what could happen. But I'm sure Kirkman thought of better ones.

I'm hearing the next book is pretty insane, so I think I'll go read that now. Of course by the time this is posted I'll probably be up to date on all issues, because I'm reading these so fast. And who really wants 6 book reviews on the same series within like 2 days. But I am writing the reviews as I go along. I don't want to get confused about what happened in what volume and run stuff together and then it's a piece of zombie foot review. Haha. Piece of zombie foot?! I must be losing my mind.

Last night I had a dream about the walking dead. That's how much this series is taking over my brain. And I wasn't scared either, because lets face it, I'm a big baby. But I was surprisingly happy with my dreams of Rick and Tyreese fighting off the zombies. And it was really weird. And then I dreamt of going to the store to buy chicken. That was the awkwardness of my post sleep thoughts. I dreamt about zombies and then buying chicken at Albertsons. Hmmmm....? hungry much.

Overall I gave this volume 4 stars. I think this is my most favorite series so far. I don't think I'll ever stop reading it. If you want to read my reviews for the previous volumes you can do so here- Vol. 1, Vol. 2, Vol. 3, Vol. 4 &5.

Have you read the Walking Dead?

Do you love it like I do? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you like my post? Anything I can do to make it better? Leave a comment and let me know :) Thanks for visiting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...