Sunday, December 16, 2012

Movie Review: Cloud Atlas

"Everything Is Connected"

IMDB - Rotten Tomatoes - Amazon - Official Site

Cloud Atlas explores how the actions and consequences of individual lives impact one another throughout the past, the present and the future. Action, mystery and romance weave dramatically through the story as one soul is shaped from a killer into a hero and a single act of kindness ripples across centuries to inspire a revolution in the distant future. Each member of the ensemble appears in multiple roles as the stories move through time.

Release Date: October 26, 2012
DVD Release Date: February 5, 2013
Running Time: 172 minutes
MPAA Rating: R

Cast:
-Tom Hanks
-Halle Berry
-Jim Broadbent
-Hugo Weaving
-Jim Sturgess
-Doona Bae
-Ben Whishaw
-Keith David
-James D'Arcy
-Xun Zhou
-David Gyasi
-Susan Sarandon
-Hugh Grant

My Thoughts:
Sometimes, it happens rarely give the state of current authorship, but sometimes the film is better than the book.

I recently started dating again after my breakup and a friend decided to take me to see the film Cloud Atlas. I didn't know much about what I was going to see. So, I didn't have any real expectations from the movie. I wasn't prepared for the single most life altering film experience I had ever had.

The film begins slowly, but at the same time dives into a world of reality and fiction, past, present and future to give you a feel for what's in store. The films score is magical, it evokes feelings of utter sadness and loss, mixed with the angelic ting of hope. The film itself plays out like a symphony of words, images and thoughts.

Needless to say it was for me a life altering experience. I no longer thought my problems, my life, myself was something singular unto myself. But after seeing this film it became all to apparent to me that I am part of the past, the present and the future. That every decision I make will effect the world in some way no matter how minute. That every decision made before me has affected me and caused me to be who and what I am.

Cloud Atlas is 3 hours long but it feels like a blip of time because the view becomes so entangled with the action on screen. It is visual poetry and musical history. It is love, life, humanity, cruelty, death, loss, pain and hope. This film is more human than many of us could feign to ever be. I urge everyone to see it. Learn from it. Live it.

Screenshots :)

Have you seen Cloud Atlas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you like my post? Anything I can do to make it better? Leave a comment and let me know :) Thanks for visiting :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...